Set across rolling hills in midtown, Harbor High is an open-concept campus built almost as a city unto itself. With upper and lower campuses, and buildings from many eras making up the diverse learning environments providing college prep, career pathways and academic excellence. With the last bond, Harbor High was able to get much needed roof improvements, new student lockers and vital infrastructure repair. Harbor also got a state-of-the-art stadium and aquatic sports complex. Its unique surroundings, however, means that Harbor needs more work done to help prevent flooding. Harbor also urgently needs modernization of its classrooms and spaces, and additional infrastructure work to ensure that Harbor continues to provide cutting edge learning environments for all students.
As we work to improve all classroom environments, Santa Cruz City Schools is committed to sustainability and moving toward our goal of Net Zero emissions campuses. All modernization projects included in the Facility Master Plan Update shall include the following sustainability components:
300 La Fonda Avenue Santa Cruz, CA 95062-1431
- LED lighting to replace inefficient fluorescent
- dual pane windows to replace older single pane
- new high efficiency HVAC systems with increased outside air intake and CO2 detection
- responsible roofing to reduce heating and cooling energy and to reduce radiant heat
- increased insulation
- use of locally sourced and recycled materials.
- added solar structures where possible
Within the Facility Master Plan Update, safety and security improvements have been evaluated and the following components have been included for future implementation
- security fencing and gates
- supervised campus entries
- site visibility
- door hardware & remote, smart locking systems
- window treatments
- a robust security camera system for each school
Interactive site plan for upcoming projects
Projects related to this campus.